Payment Assignments, GVL Updates, Email Signatures, Customer Satisfaction Results, Updated Support Hours
How and when to unassign a payment
Unassigned Payments in HVMS
Payment assignment in HVMS is used to ensure that the payments or credits in the system are appropriately allocated to charges on the customer ledger. Watch this video for step by step instructions on how to use HVMS to properly unassign payments from a customer’s ledger, including instances of when you want or need to use this feature.
GVL Redesign and Added Options
Global VetLink Updates HVMS Version 2.10.136
A large number of updates were made to the HVMS GVL integration from HVMS version 2.10.77 to 2.10.136. The following summarizes some of these GVL specific changes. You can view all updates in version 2.10.136 here
- Significant user interface redesign with a heavy emphasis on limited user interaction to fulfill a Coggins order. Added Microchip, rabies tag options and expanded the markings support. Various general improvements.
- Added a “Change Login” button at the top of the GVL certificate so a user could switch between GVL accounts if required.
- Added ‘Registration Number’ field to GVL Certificate and Registration Number field to HVMS Patient Record. This field is hidden by default from the HVMS Patient Record, if you would like the “Registration Number” field in HVMS enabled, contact HVMS support to request it be activated, it will then be available below the “Microchip” field in the Patient record. The value then entered into this field will auto-populate into the “Registration Number” field on an initiated GVL certificate. If you are using one of the 3 patient name options to currently store the registration number, please let HVMS support know that also and ask that it be moved to the new Patient Registration Number field.
- Add to the GVL Coggins Certificate a Narrative Description under Markings which will be sent to GVL and Retrieved back on future Coggins.
- If the patient has a microchip number recorded in the patient properties under the “Microchip” field, it will now auto-populate into an initiated GVL certificate.
- Patient Rabies Vaccination administered date, administered by, Lot and Tag# fields added to GVL requisition.
HOW TO VIDEO
Setting Up HVMS User Email Signature
Setting up Email Signature in HVMS
This Email Signature field is used in order to incorporate a signature into the emails that an individual user sends out of HVMS. In addition to the Basic video there is an Advanced video that covers more advanced features of the Email Signature field.
HVMS Support & Customer Survey
HVMS Support Year in Review – 2017
2017 was a big year of change with regards to HVMS Support. With the introduction of our new Support Portal, online Knowledgebase and various User Forums, things have come a long way in a year and we would not have been able to do it without the help our dedicated HVMS Support Specialists. I’d like to pass along a big shout-out to our support agents and everything they do, keep up the good work team!
Customer Satisfaction Survey
You may have noticed that when one of your support tickets has been resolved, you now receive the option to rate the service received by your support specialist. We value and appreciate your feedback so please take this opportunity to tell us how we are doing.
Once you rate your service on this particular ticket, you also have the option answer some additional questions and leave suggestions, comments or feedback for us. These comments are reviewed routinely and we welcome anything you would like to pass along.
Updated Hours & Holiday Schedule
Monday to Friday: 7:00am – 6:00pm CST
Live Chat and Phone Support Hours*
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:30am – 5:00pm CST
Thursday: 10:30am – 5:00pm CST
*Thursday delayed start time for staff training
Phone support is also available during the above chat times, to leave a message for the next available support specialist to call you back, dial:
Excluding US Observed Holidays*
General Support Closed
Memorial Day: Monday May 28, 2018
Independence Day: Wednesday July 4, 2018
Labor Day: Monday Sept. 3, 2018
Veteran’s Day: Monday November 12th, 2018
Thanksgiving: Thursday November 22, 2018
Thanksgiving: Friday November 23, 2018
Christmas Day: Tuesday December 25, 2018
Boxing Day: Wednesday December 26, 2018
New Year’s Day: Tuesday January 1, 2019
HVMS Mobile Calendar App
HVMS Mobile Calendar App Update
At this time we have suspended rollout of our HVMS Mobile Calendar application.
The mobile application requires data access to an Application Programming Interface (API) to receive data from your on-premise HVMS database. Since that API would be exposed to the internet it requires the use of certain security and encryption protocols. Numerous client servers running HVMS are not compatible with the newer security protocols due to changing technologies over the years. In some cases, in order to be compatible it would require an upgrade of the Windows Server operating system and/or SQL Server database software. The encryption requirements are best practices when it comes to networking and also required to meet the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) version 3.2.
In order to prevent extra reconfiguration of your server or network infrastructure, we have made the determination to ask our development team to review the API and see if there is a way to allow the HVMS Mobile Calendar to function without directly exposing the API through an inbound network port from the internet. The goal would be to allow existing setups, including those incompatible with new security and encryption protocols to run the HVMS Mobile Calendar application and associated API.
As of yet, we have not determined when an updated API and HVMS Mobile App will be made available. We will release additional updates as this project progresses.