HVMS Software is Designed Exclusively For Equine Veterinary Hospitals and Clinics
Designed, developed and tested by industry leading veterinarians, HVMS (Hospital & Veterinarian Management System) has emerged as the benchmark software platform for equine and large animal veterinarians around the world. HVMS combines all the features and reporting needed to best manage today’s equine veterinary practices.
HVMS software was designed to be flexible, configurable and adaptable for every aspect of equine veterinary practice management. HVMS is an advanced practice management platform with ability to run anything from a single clinic to a multi-state, multi-country hospital from one database. HVMS veterinary practice management software combines the required functionality of PIMS with advanced functionality that creates a superior platform technology for veterinarians.
HVMS allows for:
- Multi practice (ability to run separate businesses from one combined medical database)
- Multiple Profit Centers, Multiple Cost Centers, Multiple Locations
- Multiple Inventory Locations (Pharmacy, Cabinets, Vehicles, etc.)
- Multi-Discipline and cross discipline environments
- Multi-Currency capabilities
Dramatically Reduce Lost Practice Billings
With HVMS, invoices are automatically being built in the background during all exams, treatments and procedures, ensuring all services and medications are properly billed to customers at time of service. Industry stats estimate that up to 20% of vet services are not billed out
- HVMS users immediately see a reduction in lost billings
- Batch invoicing feature dramatically reduces data entry time
- Assign billings to the proper profit centers and departments
- Track and view invoices by doctor, partner, status, date, practice or location
- Completely integrated to HVMS reporting and streamlined with practice accounting
Increase Your Profits with Profitability Accounting
HVMS enables equine veterinary practices to transition from “gross based” accounting to a more appropriate focus on the actual profitability of procedures and medications.
- Intelligently handle discounting, inventory returns and credits and ownership corrections
- Variety of options for calculating doctor compensation including production and/or profitability, against gross, collected and even penalized aging AR.
- Generate detailed delinquency reports for the practice and for commissioning doctors
- Provide detailed financial reports each month for partners and associates
- Fully supports multiple practice entities, business centers, and regional locations to implement unique costing, pricing, commission styles and reporting in multiple business units
- HVMS clients see 5% to 20% profitability increases, and 5% to 15% gross billings increases when implemented properly
Manage Your Business with Speed and Efficiency
HVMS Scheduler organizes the daily practice worklist by managing and displaying appointments or tasks by doctor, by locations or even by trainers.
- Users can schedule items as appointments, meetings, events and set staff availability
- Book equipment along with appointments,prevent conflicts with shared clinic resources
- With customized end-user color coding capabilities, users always know at a glance what’s going on within the practice
Optimize Your Business with a Robust Inventory System
Astute practice managers understand the importance of a solid inventory and costing system to manage their practice. The HVMS Inventory Control System has an exceptional level of reliability and auditing ability
- Support for container sizes, brands, bar-codes, suppliers and purchase orders
- Variety of options for costing out your supplies and services including fixed, cost plus markup, cost plus amount, time based and more
- Configurable for individual practices, and can be integrated with suppliers’ direct inventory ordering systems
- Inventory Counter Program for electronic inventory counting and reconciliation
HVMS: Patient Worksheets
Improve Efficiency with Seamless Exam Sheets
Customized digital exam forms, admittance forms, discharge sheets and more that are veterinarian specific, automatically generating medical record history, invoices, and inventory transactions.
- Quickly access detailed patient history and files during exams and procedures
- Computerize your paper filled environment with very little impact
Facility Manager and Whiteboard
HVMS Facility Manager and Treatment Plans directly integrate with medical record worksheets and the Whiteboard to bring a complete solution to your outpatient and hospitalized cases.
- Graphical facility layout with drag and drop support
- Automated billing captures reoccurring daily charges like hospitalization and daily care charges
- Integrated Treatment Plans; support for detailed Patient Results, Procedures, Standing Orders, and SOAP Notes
- Color coded bio hazard recording and tracking for patients and stalls
HVMS Tablet: A Truly Mobile Solution
An offline and user-friendly hospital and ambulatory tablet application allows stall side patient/client record access in the field without wireless connectivity.
- Access to full patient medical record history and customer balance owing
- In-the field scheduling,invoicing,payment collections
- In-hospital treatment scheduling and invoicing
Performance Module – Repro/Racetrack
The HVMS field billing module was designed with speed and ease of entry in mind. If a veterinarian can walk up and down shed row without a point and click system, it CAN work.
- Point and click functionality for your most common treatments and professional services
- Pre-set products and quantities (optional) for single click accurate dosages.
- Totally configurable charge sheets for products/services. Have any number of specific sheets (i.e. Racetrack/Reproduction/General Field Billing), with their own customized interfaces, even allow doctors to have personalized quick sheets.
- Create medical record, extract inventory, add charge to invoice in that one single click.
How much money can your practice save by emailing treatment reports and client statements at time of service? Email to clients is a simple concept and a money maker.
- Email treatment reports and follow up care at time of service
- Emails statements and invoices rather than mail – a huge cost savings
- Enhance client communications and marketing capabilities
HVMS: Hardware and IT Requirements
HVMS utilizes an internal computer network and reliable internet connections to properly operate. A central computer server is required to store an SQL database, which all HVMS user computers, laptops and tablets will utilize to connect to for sending and retrieving information and data.
Updates: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 and Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Pro are supported by HVMS. In addition, HVMS can now also be run on SQL 2014. Please contact us if you have any questions about HVMS hardware compatibility. Below are some general minimum requirements, we can also provide minimum and recommended specs based on the size of your practice and number of users.
Server Hosted at Your Location
To maintain control over your practice’s server and data, you must utilize a server set up by your IT staff at your location. The minimum requirements for a server are:
Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor, 2.5 GHz Or Better
8GB Ram (16 GB or Better Preferred)
Hardware RAID 5 or RAID 1+0 Hard Disk Array with minimum 400GB Usable Space
80GB Operating System Partition
150GB ‘Database’ Partition that has a cluster size of 64K (versus the default 4K). This partition will only be used for SQL Server Database storage (data file, log file, tempdb). Keeping the database partitioned ensures that the database files are not fragmented across the physical disks.
Final partition made up the remaining data and designated as a ‘Data’ partition. This is where the install files for HVMS will reside along with other general files and database backups.
It is highly recommended to have multiple RAID arrays for all SQL Server installations beyond a single array with multiple partitions, contact us for more details.
Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Standard (5 cals)
SQL Server 2014 x64 Standard (5 cals) (32 Bit Versions Not Recomm * Note – We do not yet support SQL Server 2016.
Static IP Windows Network Setup With RDP Access to Server, VPN Access a Bonus
HVMS utilizes internet connections for for a number of features. For this reason, you must have high-speed, reliable internet connections for HVMS to operate properly.
Important Note: HVMS will not function properly through satellite internet connections. The time delay in information being transferred through satellite internet is too slow that if often results in database queries timing out. In particular, current satellite internet technology sees information upload rates that are about 1/10th the speed of download rates, much too slow for HVMS requirements.
Tablet Hardware Requirements
HVMS is available for use on mobile tablets, allowing you to bring the power of the software out into the field with you. The minimum hardware requirements for tablets are:
4GB Ram Minimum – 6 GB or more Recommended
Minimum 7200 RPM Drives @ 100GB+ (SSD Recommended)
Intel Core i5 2GHz+
SQL Server 2008 R2 Express, or SQL 2012 Express
* Note – We do not yet support SQL Server 2014.
Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, 10 (All Pro Versions)
(x64 Editions of Windows Highly Recommended)
HVMS: Network Requirements
HVMS utilizes an internal computer network and reliable internet connections to properly operate. The following is a minimum requirement for a successful HVMS Implementation:
100 Mbps Network Infrastructure (1 Gbps HIGHLY recommended)
Windows Domain Controller, DNS and Active Domain Roles Enabled
Workstations Joined to Domain
VPN Connectivity for Remote Locations